Bushranger® Night Hawk 9” VLI Series LED Driving Lights have been developed from the ground up by our team of engineers to offer a truly unique design which takes performance, looks and usability to a whole new level.
The bold, modern aesthetic incorporates clever cooling ducts which channel cool air directly over the heatsink to greatly increase the heat dissipation of the LED’s. The Advanced Temperature Control System takes advantage of the superior cooling design to run the LED’s at their maximum potential by monitoring and adjusting the output according to the environment.
These lights are so bright, we’ve also incorporated a brightness control function, which allows complete control of the light intensity in conditions where too much light can be detrimental to clear vision. The brightness is controlled by our pioneering, relay-free VLI Series Wiring System, which is the first of its kind, and leads the way with simpler wiring, easier installation, more user control and greater reliability over traditional systems.
Each light is supplied with two protective covers which allow the user to change the beam pattern quickly and easily. With the spot protective cover fitted, the light projects a clean, focused spot beam pattern which reaches extreme distance; great for highway driving. Clip on the flood protective cover and the light changes significantly to a wide, flood beam pattern which illuminates all the surroundings for excellent short to medium distance vision.
Bushranger® Night Hawk lights are engineered tough to withstand the rugged outdoor terrain and harsh climate experienced down under. They are backed by a 5 year warranty and our 40+ year history of supplying quality engineered 4×4 products to the Australian market.
Hard coated polycarbonate lens offers long term scratch resistance ensuring maximum optical efficiency for years to come. UV stable AkzoNobel powder coat, polycarbonate lens and covers ensure long term durability.
Pressure die-cast aluminium housing and strong, 4mm thick steel bracket will handle even the toughest tracks.
HIGH OUTPUT OSRAM LED’S
37 genuine, high output OSRAM LED’s for unmatched performance.175W and 10,800 effective lumens per light.
MODERN ELECTRONICS DESIGN
Built in Transistor switching simplifies wiring installation by removing the need for traditional 12V relays. PWM dimming capability for brightness control at the turn of a dial.
(Wiring system sold separately)
ACTIVE TEMPERATURE CONTROL SYSTEM
Intelligent on-board monitoring of the LED temperatures, combined with the superior cooling design allows for maximum output in all conditions.
SUPERIOR COOLING DESIGN
Large air intakes channel cool air over the heatsink for unmatched cooling efficiency, allowing for the use of higher-powered LED’s.
Unique shape and low-profile design allows for diverse fitments where regular 9” round lights may not suit.
CHANGEABLE BEAM PATTERN
Clip on/clip off protective covers allow for quick changes between beam patterns.1 x Spot, 1 x Flood included.
- Power: 175W
- Current Draw: 12.2A @ 14.4V
- Voltage Range: 10 – 30VDC
- LED Type: 37 x Genuine OSRAM LED’s
- Luminous Flux: 10,800 lumens (effective)
- Colour Temperature: 5700K
- Power Plug: Deutsch DTP
- Control Plug: 4 pin custom (use with VLI Series Wiring System, sold separately)
- Weight: 3.1kg
- Compliance: CE, UNECE R10, IP67, IP69K, ROHS
(Single Light Specifications)
1 x pair of spot beam covers
1 x spot beam cover + 1 x flood beam cover
1 x pair of flood beam covers
Max distance @ 1 lux 950m 463m
Max width @ 1 lux 52m 141m
Pair of Lights
Spot Spot + Flood Flood
Max distance @ 1 lux 1342m 1035m 636m
Max width @ 1 lux 74m 147m 200m
1 x Driving Light
1 x Spot Beam Cover
1 x Flood Beam Cover
1 x 2.5m Power Lead with Fuse
1 x Stainless Steel Mounting Hardware Kit
(VLI Series Wiring System sold separately.)
RRP Part No.
Night Hawk 9″ VLI Series LED Driving Light $447.50 NHX230VLI
Protective Cover Clear (Spot) to suit NHX230 lights $19.95 NHX230ACCLS
Protective Cover Clear (Flood) to suit NHX230 lights $19.95 NHX230ACCLF
If you thought the smart electronics were already doing enough, we pushed them even further by developing the first dedicated auxiliary light wiring system to incorporate relay free switching and brightness control functionality. What does this mean? Simpler wiring, easier installation, more user control and greater reliability over the traditional plug and play wiring loom. The commonly used automotive 12V relay is removed entirely and replaced with modern transistor switching, which is built into the light and the control module. Each light is powered directly from the battery, rather than through a relay, meaning there are no power restrictions for the wiring system, which is a common limitation with traditional relay-based wiring looms. Up to 4 x Bushranger Night Hawk VLI Series LED lights can be controlled by 1 wiring system and any combination of models/sizes can be used.
The brightness control function allows the user to adjust the brightness of all lights on the system with 7 different light intensity settings giving complete control to match the driving conditions. In certain conditions, vision can be greatly enhanced by reducing the intensity of light projected, for example, dense bush tracks, hilly terrain or even some highway driving where an excess of light can lead to intense reflections and eye strain…. now you can dial these high intensity lights back to a more comfortable level. Use a second wiring system as a work/camping / reverse light setup and control the intensity of the lit area. You have complete control like never before.
Plug & Play Connectors
The wiring system uses control leads with waterproof plugs which quickly and easily join together to allow plenty of flexibility when routing from the control module to the VLI lights.
Soft Start Programming
The soft start feature programmed into the control module gradually increases the light intensity over the first second of operation to reduce eye strain and flash blindness that commonly occurs when switching into high beam mode with high intensity LED lights fitted. It also extends the life of the electronics by reducing the sudden shock load that occurs when high output LED’s change instantly from off to on.
PWM Brightness Control
The control module uses a Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) signal to control the brightness of all VLI series lights connected to the system. It allows the option of 7 x brightness settings which can be quickly changed at the turn of a dial to suit the conditions
- Modern, electronically switched wiring system offers a simpler, more reliable and smarter alternative to regular relay-based wiring harnesses.
- ‘Plug & Play’ modular design provides versatility to suit any vehicle and reduces installation time compared to traditional wiring harness installs.
- Works with all Bushranger Night Hawk VLI Series Lights with no limitation on power rating of each light.
- Wiring system, as supplied, controls up to 2 x lights. Capacity to control up to 4 x VLI Series lights simultaneously with the use of additional control leads (sold separately).
- PWM brightness control offers 7 x brightness settings at the turn of a dial.
- Soft Start Programming reduces eye fatigue by ramping up the brightness within the first second of operation.
- Automatic Polarity Detection simplifies connection into the high beam circuit and works on positive and negatively switched vehicles.
- Plug & Play headlight adaptors, fuse taps and additional control leads available separately.
- Voltage Range: 10 – 30V DC
- Standby Current Draw: 20mA
- Light Capacity (as supplied): Connect and control up to 2 x VLI Series lights simultaneously
- Light Capacity (max): Connect and control up to 4 x VLI Series lights simultaneously
- Brightness Control: 7 x brightness positions + OFF position
- Trigger Wire Connections: 4mm Bullet connectors
- Compliance: CE, UNECE R10
Wiring Diagram VLI SERIES Lights
- 1 x Brightness Control Module with Mounting Cradle
- 1 x Control Module Adaptor
- 1 x Trigger Wire (4m) with Mini Blade Fuse
- 1 x Control Lead (3m)
- 2 x Control Leads (1.5m)
- 1 x 4-way Distribution Lead
- 1 x Control Module Sticker
- 1 x 3M Adhesive Pad
- 2 x Wire Taps
- 1 x Spare Mini Blade Fuse
- 2 x Mounting Screws
- 5 x Cable Ties
- 1 x Fitting Instructions
RRP Part No.
Night Hawk VLI Series Wiring System $89.00 NHW20VLI
Control Lead – 1.5m $10.95 NHWA01L15
Control Lead – 3.0m $11.95 NHWA01L30
HB3 Headlight Adaptor $11.95 NHWA02HB3
H4 Headlight Adaptor $11.95 NHWA02H4
Nissan Navara D23 NP300 LED Headlight Adaptor $24.95 NHWA02D23
Fuse Tap – Mini Fuse $7.95 NHWA03FTM
Fuse Tap – Standard Fuse $7.95 NHWA03FTS
To purchase the Bushranger Night Hawk VLI Series Lights please visit one of our dealers. Click to find your nearest stockist.